Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Give it to Jesus

Dear Lord,

I've been carrying around a pretty heavy load lately. I have a lot of worries, a lot of happenings and a lot of people that I have to deal with and frankly, I'm not doing a very good job with all of it. I read in Matthew 6:27 that you can't add a single hour to your life by worrying, so I took all my worries and packed them in this pretty gigantic box. There's nothing I can accomplish by holding on to these worries and they are blocking my line of sight that leads to You.

And then I had all these "events" happening and they are more than I can handle. My burdens are great and I am weary. Then I read in Matthew 11:28 that You said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Here I am. I packed all those burdens in that box as well and I've brought it to You. I shall put my trust in You, Lord. I see how you care for the lilies of the field and the small sparrows in the sky. I saw what you said about my worth in Matthew 10:31. You said, "So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." So, I went ahead and packed my fears into that box as well.

There's still a lot of people out there, though, and I sometimes get frustrated and annoyed and lost my patience with them. Then I read what Paul said in 1 Timothy 4:16. "But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life." 2 Peter 3:9 reminds me of God's patience. It says, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." I will remember that our goal is to get to heaven.

I will leave my box with you and I will fix my eyes on You. I will run the race and not give up. I choose the narrow way.

As Ever,
Me

I challenge you to pack your own box. Get a box and write down all your worries, fears and anything that takes your eyes off of the cross and put it in the box. Tape it shut. Cut a slit in the top so you can always add more when needed, but you can't take anything back out. Write Jesus on the box because all of it belongs to Him. Remember, Jesus said in Matthew 11:30, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Carry only His yoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment