Monday, April 7, 2014

I can trust Him

When the person who should have been your protector, leader and best friend hurts you in unspeakable ways, it leaves a scar on your soul. You loved them and trusted them and they discarded that love and trust like a piece of garbage. They trampled over you without a second glance. You don't just get over it. It eats you alive from the inside out. The fire inside consumes you but you never die. The pain never ends.

Denial comes first. That person couldn't possibly have treated you so. They would never hurt you like that. It wasn't real. You try to lie to yourself and it works for awhile. It might've worked forever, except that you're not hurt just once. It's repeated. Over and over and over, you are given a fresh reminder of the evil that was done to you, because it's happening again.

Then one day you wake up and denial is no longer a viable option. The wound has been reopened one too many times to deny its existence. Everyone can see the open sore oozing blood, but no one really does see it. They don't want to see it. They can continue to deny its existence by simply closing their eyes. They don't feel it. They don't have to look at it.

I stood in a crowded room and screamed. No one heard. I pointed to the wound and begged them to see. They looked the other way. I was alone.

Not really, though. I had Jesus. He was with me and He heard me and He saw the evil that had been done to me and He looked me straight in the eyes. He wiped away all my tears and I knew that He was the only one that would never let me down. He loves me and He protects me and He leads me. I can trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment